Dear 8th Grade Parents,
We are very excited about the upcoming 8th Grade Celebration Events!
Awards Ceremony May 25th 10:30 a.m. Gymnasium
8th Grade Dance May 25th 6:00-9:00 p.m. Gymnasium
All parents and family members are invited to attend the Awards Ceremony. This program will celebrate the memories and accomplishments made while your son or daughter attended Lexington Middle School. If your child is receiving an award, a letter will be sent home in advance.
The 8th grade dance, “Under the Sea”, is the evening of the same day. The cost is $10.00. Dessert and entertainment will be provided. In order to attend the dance your child must attend school on May 25th. If your child is suspended from school on this day, he/she may not attend. All library books and textbooks must be returned or paid for in full in order to attend the dance--ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS! The permission slip below must be completed and returned by May 25th. All students must be picked up by an adult no later than 9:00 p.m. If you are unable to pick up your child by 9:00 p.m., please make other arrangements.
Award Ceremony Dress Code – All students will dress in regular dress code attire for the morning award ceremony. Please wear your best school dress code outfit. If a student is not in regular dress code attire, they will not be allowed to participate in the Awards Ceremony.
Celebration Dance – The dance will be a semi-formal dance. All clothing must be adequate in both length and coverage:
- Clothing must not be see-through in nature. Tight and body-hugging styles are not appropriate.
- Halters and/or strapless dresses are not permitted. Clear straps are not allowed. Straps need to go over the shoulder (Off the shoulder dresses must have a strap added that goes over the shoulder, connecting the front and back of the dress.
- Dress/skirt must be knee length or greater.
- Dress pants, belt, dress shirts, ties, and appropriate dress shoes are required for gentlemen. Jackets are optional.
- Jeans, shorts, and sneakers are not permitted.
- Limousines are not permitted.
More information on the link below:
If you have any questions about the dress attire for the dance, please call 454-6130 or email Christina McLean at [email protected].
- (825.5 KBs)